We are conscious and steadfast about our company’s environmental footprint from the Farm to your Gut.
- Sourcing from local organic farms within a 100 mile radius, starting from Ojai. Sourcing hyper-local (within a 1-10 mile radius of our home) from Ojai farmers like, Steve Sprinkle from Rancho Del Pueblo Farm, Emily Staalberg from Steel Acres Farm, BD of Earthrine Farm, Andre Ryder from Sol Y Mar and Elizabeth Mallinson and Steve Temmel of Monarch Meadows.
- We wildly ferment local raw vegetables into nutrient rich foods and drinks for the local human microbiome. We produce out of our commercial certified kitchen thanks to Barbara Kennedy of Oak View Parks And Resources.
- We offer weekly Ojai Fermented CSA pick-ups.
- We implemented a bottle return incentive program for taking back and cleaning all of our farmers markets and our Fermented CSA bottle returns.
- We use all organic cleaners, disinfectants, and sanitizers in our commercial kitchen.
- We use all biodegradable sampling cups from WORLD CENTRIC and sampling spoons from EcoTensil at all of our farmers markets and other events.
- We use solar power and panels for our mobile refrigeration (charging our batteries from our solar house in Ojai). Thanks to the Ojai SunPower Team.
- All organic food scraps from the kitchen are fed to our chickens which in turn feed our family fresh delicious eggs.