- 1/2 Pound Brussel Sprouts (About 15) trimmed and cut in half through root end
- 1 Tablespoon Mixed Herbs (thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Whole Black Peppercornss
- 2 Cloves garlic Crushed
- 2 Cups Filtered or Spring Water
- 2 Tablespoons Himalayan pink salt
- 1 Quart Mason Jar
- 4 oz MasonJar
- Place sprouts, mixed herbs, peppercorns and garlic in 1-quart glass Mason jar, leaving about 2 inches headroom. Set aside.
- Whisk salt and 2 cups water in a bowl until salt is almost dissolved, making a brine.
- Pour 2 cups brine over sprouts; place 4-ounce Mason jar (without lid) on top of the sprouts to keep them submerged. Drape a large kitchen towel over the jar and let sit at room temperature (ideally 70°–75°) until sprouts have cured to taste, about 3–4 weeks.
- Once sprout kraut is soured, cover jar with lid and refrigerate for up to 6 months.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply